YouTuber Darwing has just posted an excellent step-by-step guide to plotting to an NFT for pools with the Mad Max plotter. He goes through the entire process, from start to finish and doesn’t miss a single requirement from what I can tell. He even mentions that you must have your wallet fully synced before starting this process, which is a change from the old plotting process and I haven’t seen a lot of chatter about.
This is truly excellent and important work, and will help get a lot of people who aren’t experienced with Chia get up and going with high performance plotting. We need to support educational content like this as a community, so please check out his video below and visit his channel to subscribe.
- Go download madmax: Releases · stotiks/chia-plotter (github.com)
- extract to c:\madmax
- open Powershell window and navigate to c:\madmax
- Grab your contract address: Gui – select pool and hover the ? and copy the address to your notepad
- grab farmer pool key, Gui – keys and select the eye and copy the farmer public key
- determine your temp folder for -t, in this case d:\
- determine your temp2 folder if it is different -2 , in this case it is not
- determine your final output -d, in this case d:\complete
- determine your thread count -r, in this case 8
- determine bucket count -u, in this case 256
- now we paste those into our Madmax string:
.\chia_plot -n 1 -c [contract_ID] -f [Farmer key] -t d:\ -2 d:\ -d d:\complete\ -r 8 -u 256