Chia Network has just released version 1.2.8 of their Chia Blockchain software. This one has a ton of stuff added, including Decentralized Identity support, initial support for the CATs and a whole pile of other additions and changes. Go download it now, it looks to be a fairly major release. Looks like some changes to how the blueboxes work too.
Go read the release notes here while you download. There is a lot changed. Here is a snippet.
- Added support for DID, our decentralized identity solution, as a building block toward Chia’s broader set of DID capabilities.
- Added plot memo caching in PlotManager, speeding initial loading and cached loading, by enabling harvester to save the parsed plot memo on disk on shutdown, then load it back into memory on startup so that it can skip key parsing calculations for all already known plots.
- We have made many full node changes to support our upcoming Chia Asset Token (CAT) standard and our upcoming standalone light wallet, which will use Chia’s new electrum-style protocol to enable faster wallet syncing.
- Bluebox proofs are now randomized instead of looking at the oldest part of the blockchain first to find uncompacted proofs.
- Changes in full node to execute sqlite pragmas only once, at the level where the database is opened, and changed pragma synchronous=FULL to OFF to improve disk I/O performance. Also removed redundant database pragmas in wallet.