With the recent attention on BlueBox Timelords and the discovery of the team at SpaceFarmers running a friendly community competition to compact blocks on the Chia blockchain I, and I think many others, have kicked up BlueBox timelords But with no reward, I think it might be a passing fad and go back to previous levels.
Enter the friendly competition. I don’t want to create a cutthroat contest where people are buying hardware or spinning up big cloud farms to get points and prizes or anything, but I would like to create a little recognition around the process for those that are dedicating time and energy to the process. In order to do so, I would like to create a BlueBox leaderboard on the site that users running BlueBox timelords at home can submit log entries to a web service that records their compacted proofs and a bit of data about them to display on a site and sort by number of partials.
In order to do this I think we will need 5 components, and this is where I need the help. I can build one of them, and probably muddle my way through a second but three of them will require a different skillset. What we need are:
- Python script that scraps debug.log for compacted proofs and POSTSs them, along with a user generated string for identification, to a web API
- The aforementioned API endpoint, code that will accept the POST and then submit to a database. This needs to be properly sanitized and properly written. I will put this behind a WAF and CDN.
- The database that the API writes to. I can build and secure this based on the requirements from the developers.
- Another API endpoint for GETs to the database for reading the data to display on the webpage. I will also handle configuring this behind a WAF.
- A python script / php code etc that will call the API, sort the data and create a static leaderboard page.
All this will be released as open source so anyone else can host the leaderboard or simply do it better. If someone does I will submit my proofs to them as well. If you want to contribute please join the Chia Network official keybase #timelords channel and @blaktron (I’m not a mod, there is no curse for summoning me) and let me know if you want to help or if my idea is stupid and present your better one.
To be clear, I don’t want to own any of this I will simply pay to host the parts. Please do not donate to this, if you want to donate its the Holiday season in many parts of the world and there are almost certainly local charities that could really use the work. Please donate to one of them that matches your values.