This How-To Guide will walk you through the steps required to install Chia on a Windows without any private keys and being plotting using your existing wallet. This will allow you to use a second machine for plotting without setting up your wallet on that machine and creating additional risk for your coins.
- On the Primary System with your wallet and Full Node running, open up an Administrative Command Prompt
- Type: cd C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.1.5\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon where <username> is your Windows Account username folder and app-1.1.5 is the version of Chia you have installed.
- Type: chia.exe show keys
- Copy the Farmer Public Key and the Pool Public Key, they will both be long strings of data like this a7avcf15ee0502ed324344bf7474cac0380789324b023ed…
- On your Secondary PC, install the Chia Client from https://chia.net and no where else
- Open up Chia, but do not create or import a key. This step will create the necessary folder in your User Folder.
- Close the Chia application.
- Open a Command Prompt window (still on the second computer) and type cd C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\chia-blockchain\app-1.1.5\resources\app.asar.unpacked\daemon\
- Run the following command. You will need the Farmer and Pool Public Keys from step 4, your Temp SSD Path and your final Plot folder where the .plot files are being farmed from.
chia.exe plots create -k 32 -n 8 -f <FarmerPublicKey> -p <PoolPublicKey> -t <SSD Path> -d <Plots Path> -r 4
|chia.exe||Chia Network Executable file|
|plots||Accesses the Plots Menu|
|create||starts the plotting process|
|-k||K Number of the plots being crated, strongly recommend 32|
|-n||Number of repeated iterations. 8 will create 8 plots sequentially|
|-f||Farmer Public Key of the wallet that will be farming the plots being created|
|-p||Pool public key of the wallet that will be farming the plots being created|
|-t||Path to plotting directory, should be the SSD you are doing the plotting on|
|-d||Path to final Farming directory, should be loaded in you harvester as a Plots Directory for immediate farming|
|-r||Number of threads used per plotting operation. Should be 4 to 8 for best performance, depending on your setup.|